Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2011

My cake experiMINT! lol

Okay, so I did some cake experimenting on friday evening like I said I would, and this is what happened!!!

I used a box of Betty Crockers Devil Food cake mix, YUM!


I just followed the directions on the box and mixeded it all up!


I took some Andes mints and chopped them up!


I cut each one into eighths!


Dumped the chopped pieces of Andes mints into the cake batter and folded it in with a spoon! Put the batter in a cake pan and into the oven it went!


All done, and time to cool down. For some reason it looks burnt around the edges in this pic but it wasn't. Must have been the flash on my phone!


While the cake was cooling, I made a batch of mint buttercream icing! I got the recipe from this site: http://www.bigoven.com/recipe/165932/mint-buttercream-frosting


When the cake was cool enough, I just poured the icing over the cake. Sorry it doesn't look very pretty lol! Then I had a slice to see how it turned out!


Conclusion:
 The cake was very yummi and I could taste the mints inside. The mints had all melted, but the flavor was present in the cake. Along with the mint buttercream frosting, to me, the mint flavors were a little too strong. There was too much mint present and not enough chocolate. So I took a spoonfull of chocolate frosting to add to my piece of cake, and OH MY GOODNESS, it was PERFECT. So, I decided that when I made the *ACTUAL* cake, I was going to alternate layers of chocolate frosting and mint!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment