Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Safari baby shower cake challenge complete!

So I had a request from a friend to make a Safari baby shower cake this weekend for a shower she was throwing for her friend and this is how it turned out!

I made the bottom 4 thin layers of chocolate cake, alternating chocolate and mint frosting. Big mistake with the 4 thin layers, should have stuck with 2 medium ones since the weight of the modeling chocolate animals smushed the cake down :0(
The top was 2 medium layers of chocolate cake with the same alternating frostings! Covered the cakes with MMF and the animals and decorations were all made of modeling chocolate!!!

This cake was VERY time consuming, but in the end came out better than I had imagined in my head!

All the modeling chocolate animals and such!

Zebra wearing a bib with a pacifier in it's mouth!

Giraffe wearing a bib and holding a bottle!

Monkey wearing a diaper and holding a blankey! (Yes I know his arm is missing) lol

Lion wearing a diaper and he has his little lion teddy with him! (His arm is missing also, but you can't really see it in this pic)

Elephant wearing a bib and holding a rattle!


I had so much fun making this cake. It was my first time using modeling chocolate and I must say, I loved it. It works very well with figures and such. Much better than fondant, I think!!!
Hope you like :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment