Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2011

Chore board with left over craft stuff!

I've been wanting to make a chore board for my kids for some time now and the other day I came up with a great idea. I decided to use the extra scrabble board that I had from my past project, along with the letters and also left over scrapbook papers from the mother's day gifts I had made! I figure I should put them to use, other wise they would just be laying around for a while, and here's what I made!

This is the extra scrabble board I had laying around!

I flipped it over and used the back part. I put a line of glue down the middle so it wouldn't fold in half!

Started taking my pretty left over scrapbook paper and over lapping them down the center! I glued the entire pink one down and then as I over lapped the others I only glued the sides and the bottom so that I could slide in chore cards!

The middle is all done!

Then I added a strip of scrapbook paper on both sides of the board. Along with some flowers cut out from the scrapbook paper as well. I also glued some buttons in the center of the flowers!

I used scrabble letters on top for the CHORE-BOARD part and just wrote the kids names and stuff with marker!

Then I cut out rectangular pieces of scrapbook paper and glued more scrabble letters to the tops of the chores and wrote in the rest! Great way for my 3 year old to get to know her alphabets better!

And here it is all finished. I just need to glue some string to the back and hang it up on the wall!!! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment