Search This Blog

Friday, May 6, 2011

Scrabbled up!

A few weeks ago my darling little daughter Oliviah, who will be turning 3 soon, decided to get into my game closet and play with my scrabble game. Well, needless to say she lost some of the letters! Since it was quite an old scrabble board game anyway, I decided to do something crafty with it instead of just throwing it away.
 I went to the thrift store and found the exact same scrabble game for only $1. When I got home, of course some of the letters from that game were missing as well, but I wasn't concerned about that. I just wanted the game for the extra letters any how. And this is what I did!!!


I took my hot glue gun and put a line of glue down the back center of the scrabble board to keep it from folding in half. I also took a piece of string that was laying around and hot glued the ends to the back as well so I could hang it up like a picture frame!

Then I layed out the scrabble pieces so that they would spell out our last name and everyone else's names in the family. Along with some other kind loving words as well. When I was happy with the layout of the words I hot glued all of them down!

    Hung it on the wall and *TA-DA* all finshed!!!

Here's a close up!!! Hope you liked!!! :0)

1 comment: