Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

Everyone needs a good idea for a homecoming sign!

People are always looking for a cute/unique homecoming sign to make for their loved ones, especially when they return home from a long deployment! So I decided to share some of the ones I have made and help make so far!!!

This was the second sign I've made for my hunny so far. This was back in November of 2010 for his return from Japan. We've only been through 2 deployments so my sign making ideas are still pretty fesh, lol! I made up this poem myself for my children to use as a sign for their Daddy.Both sheets were twin size if memory serves right. It says "This is our flag in red white and blue. We made it special because we love you! Welcome Home Daddy!" And I also had them make a flag out of their footprints and handprints! They had so much fun making this!!!

This was the very first homecoming sign I made for him back in 2009 for his return from Iraq/Italy. I used a white queen size sheet that I got for a couple bucks from the thrift store. It's based on the MasterCard commercial, lol. It says "Stamps to mail you letters: $50, Phone cards to call you: $100, Paint, brushes and sheet to make this for you: $40, Being able to hold you for the first time in months: Priceless!  Welcome Home Hunny Bunny". This one took quite a while to paint but turned out amazing. I had so many people stopping to read it, lol!

Here is a sign I drew up for a friend that was also a queen size sheet. It says: Now that you're home here is your honey-do list: 1. Hold me 2. Hug me 3. Kiss me 4. Love me!" And I drew up a honey pot over flowing with honey and the bee's are coming to carry some away in the shape of letters that spelled out I LOVE YOU!!! :0) 

This is another one I drew up for her daughter. This one was a full size I think. It says: "Daddy do list: 1. Go for a bike ride 2. Go to the movies 3. Build a sand castle!". On the bottom I drew a big sand castle with some clouds above it!

And here are some homemade ribbon lei's I made for him as well. Since we live in Hawaii, giving lei's is something you just gotta do. The red, white and blue cigar lei was to be from me and the other 4 illima lei's were from each of our children. Including our then *unborn* baby Natalia!

No comments:

Post a Comment