Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

What to do with these old things?

So last year when the Navy got their new cami's my hunny's old uniforms were just haning out in our closet making friends with the dust. So I came up with an idea to get them out of the old dark closet, and put them to use in other things that they could be seen/used in almost everyday!


Here they are before I chopped them up into pieces, lol!



And here is something I made it into. I found the Navy symbol pattern at wal-mart in the fabric sections and sewed it in the center. The back is a plain red fabric that has his old name tag sewn on! I have it hanging in the living room where all of our guests can see it!!!

Here's something else I made for my middle daughter Oliviah. Now she can always have a piece of daddy to snuggle and hold onto when he's gone!!! :0) 

This is the other side of the blanket. It's a soft fleece type. The little tag on the bottom right was for her initial's to be sewn on later, since I am going to make a blanket for each of my children to have, that way they won't fight over who's blanket belongs to who, lol!!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this idea so much when I seen your pictures before on your facebook! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete